The Katy A&M Club is excited to announce that we will be increasing our awarded scholarships to four (4) $1,500 scholarships to Katy area high school students who plan to start their freshman year at Texas A&M University in the fall semester of 2021.
Read below for the eligibility and selection criteria. The application and a full list of guidelines can be downloaded by clicking on the links below.
Eligible students must meet all the following requirements:
- Live in and receive education within the Katy Independent School District boundaries. This includes home schools and Private Schools within the boundaries of the Katy ISD.
- Be a high school senior.
- Already applied for admission to Texas A&M University for the upcoming fall semester.
The student need not have been accepted to A&M prior to submitting this scholarship application, but the payment of the scholarship award monies is contingent upon their acceptance at Texas A&M University for the 2021 fall semester.
Other Financial Aid
It is the policy of the Katy A&M Club to assist as many students as possible with available scholarship funds. Accordingly, in the event a recipient obtains significant financial assistance from other sources, the Club reserves the right to review the award status and withdraw the scholarship.
Criteria for Selection
The Katy A&M Club Scholarship Committee will choose recipients using the following factors and weights:
- Financial need: 30%
- High school grades and college entrance exam scores: 20%
- Extracurricular activities, community involvement, and work experience: 20%
- Essays and a letter of recommendation from principal, teacher, or community leader: 30%
Winners will be determined without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, or educationally unrelated handicaps.
Deadline and Other Information
- Applications must be received by March 25, 2021.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by the second week of April.
- Scholarship recipients will be introduced and recognized for their accomplishments as part of the Aggie Muster ceremony on April 21, 2021.
- Funds will be disbursed through the Texas A&M University Financial Aid Office.
- In some instances, personal or phone interviews may be conducted to assist the Scholarship Committee in selecting the scholarship recipients.