The Katy A&M Club is excited to announce that we will be increasing our awarded scholarships to four (4) $2,000 scholarships to Katy area high school students who plan to start their freshman year at Texas A&M University in the fall semester of 2023.
Read below for the eligibility and selection criteria. The application and a full list of guidelines can be downloaded by clicking on the links below.
Eligible students must meet all the following requirements:
- Live in and receive education within the Katy Independent School District boundaries. This includes home schools and private schools within the boundaries of Katy ISD.
- Be a high school senior.
- Already applied for admission to Texas A&M University for the upcoming fall 2023 semester.
The student need not have been accepted to A&M prior to submitting this scholarship application, but the payment of the scholarship award monies is contingent upon their acceptance at Texas A&M University for the 2023 fall semester.
Other Financial Aid
It is the policy of the Katy A&M Club to assist as many students as possible with available scholarship funds. Accordingly, in the event a recipient obtains significant financial assistance from other sources, the Club reserves the right to review the award status and withdraw the scholarship.
Criteria for Selection
The Katy A&M Club Scholarship Committee will choose recipients using the following factors and weights:
- Financial need: 30%
- High school grades and college entrance exam scores: 20%
- Extracurricular activities, community involvement, and work experience: 20%
- Essays and a letter of recommendation from principal, teacher, or community leader: 30%
Winners will be determined without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, or disability.
Deadline and Other Information
1. Please use electronic application form to complete online, then print, and mail.
2. Applications with supporting documents must be RECEIVED by Friday, March 24, 2023.
3. Scholarship recipients will be notified during the second week of April.
4. Scholarship recipients will provide the Katy A&M Club with their TAMU UIN# and an electronic color photograph of themselves within five days of being notified.
5. Scholarship recipients will be introduced and recognized for their accomplishments as part
of the Katy A&M Club Aggie Muster ceremony on April 21, 2023
6. Funds will be disbursed through the Texas A&M University Financial Aid Office.
7. In some instances, personal or phone interviews may be conducted